Ugh. Religion  

Posted by Tarwen




Apr 17, 2012


Just like the title says. I've been having a hard time, because as many of you know I'm atheist. *gasp* 


Cause you know, being atheist means you're a horrible person. 


Anyway...Easter this year was really hard for me cause even though I don't believe Jesus rose from the dead that day, I still like to get together with friends/family because I love them. That didn't happen...Logan had to work, I ended up home alone. 



Fast forward to two days ago. I posted a status: 

CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree. yeah....makes perfect sense.

I get bombarded with a few people's opinion on how offensive the status is. I apologized for offending them, but I don't understand the need for anyone to say anything. It's not like every time I see a status that mentions "prayer" "God" "Jesus" etc I'm trolling them with my opinion of how stupid I think their religion is. Why do they feel the need to do that to me? I just ignore what I don't like...hell sometimes I will even hide someone from my news feed cause I don't want to see what they post. If you don't like what I have to say there are ways to not see anything I say. 

I might not believe in God, but I still believe in being a good person. Someone who doesn't lie, cheat, steal, murder, is respectful of others, kind, generous. Why can't people see that? Why can't my MOM see that?! "That's not how I raised you" ....but yes, this is how you raised me. I just took the God part out. 

I'm atheist, but I'm still a good person!!

I don't care if you think I'm going to hell. If God is the type of God I came to "know" when I believed in him, I seriously don't think it would matter what I believed, as long as I was good. I also don't care what you believe! If you agree with me cool, if you don't, I don't care. 

I went through a long scary personal journey to get where I am today. I wasn't being a true Christian when I was claiming to be, and I didn't want to be. I also didn't want to be considered a bad person, because if you're not Christian...you're bad (That's what I was taught anyway). But when I met people who weren't Christian, but were still good people...that's when I decided to call myself what I truly am. Atheist. 

Isn't it better to be truthful about yourself, then try to be something you're not?



That's all I have to say on this matter. Don't try to "save" me, convert me etc...cause I've already made up my mind. Unless you have evidence of God...don't talk to me about it cause I don't care. 



Love always,

This entry was posted on July 7, 2012 at Saturday, July 07, 2012 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment